Website SunCoast Blood Centers
Give Local, Save Global
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Quality Assurance Specialist that would like to have a job with meaning. Our product is needed everywhere and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Benefits include a generous PTO plan
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer paid)
- 401(k) with 100% company match, career ladder, education reimbursement and much more!
This position is made up of the following job duties:
- Conducts internal audits and ensures follow-up corrective action. Acts as a liaison for external inspections.
- Coordinates and performs product lookback activities, including monitoring of daily quarantine reports. Maintains donor deferral notification records, letters, and re-entry.
- Conducts required annual staff trainings, including but not limited to cGMP, Bloodborne Pathogen, Biomedical Waste, General Safety and Disaster training.
- Performs document management activities and form control. Writes or revises Standard Operating Procedures as assigned.
- Maintains, orders and distributes Donor ID Numbers (DINs) and product labels.
- Maintains blood bank training files.
- Oversees the Critical Equipment and Critical Supplier lists and directs bi-annual supplier qualification.
- Monitors the Self-Exclusion Hotline, including follow-up activities as needed.
- Maintains and assists with the Error Management and Donor Adverse Reactions databases, including follow-up investigations.
- Performs validations prior to implementation of new processes, equipment or software version updates.
- Acts as a back-up to the QA management team, including completion of special projects as assigned.
- Participates in activities to further professional development.
Experience: 3 years blood bank production or clinical laboratory
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or equivalent experience
Licensure: None; Prefer MT with licensure in all five areas
2 years medical administration or other medically related experience
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.