Website Suncoast Blood Center
Give Local, Save Global
PRN/ 2nd shift 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Medical Technologist that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
This position is made up of the following job duties:
- Performs pretransfusion and diagnostic testing using both manual and automated methodologies.
- Prepares, examines, issues and returns blood products.
- Ships and receives blood products to and from consignment hospitals and outside sources.
- Manages product inventory. Assures proper storage and organization.
- Communicates with and provides assistance to hospital nursing and medical staff regarding status of products and service orders.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains and organizes supply inventory. Ensure appropriate inventory levels. Reports inventory levels to director.
- Receives supplies and reagents from vendors. Reconciles shipment with packing slip and documents as appropriate.
- Performs QC and maintenance, validation and calibration of laboratory equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to director.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
EDUCATION: Education required for FL Technologist or Technician
EXPERIENCE: 2 years clinical laboratory, and 2 years blood banking. Prefer experience in Immunohematology.
LICENSURE REQUIRED: Florida Laboratory Technologist or Technician in areas required for job duties; prefer licensure in all areas.
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.