Website Suncoast Blood Center
Give Local, Save Global
2nd Shift 3pm-11pm
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent as required for state licensure
Licensure: Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist in all required areas based on job duties; prefer licensure in all six areas
2 years clinical laboratory; plus
3 years blood banking
- Performs pre-transfusion and diagnostic testing utilizing both manual and automated methodologies.
- Prepares, examines, issues and returns blood products.
- Ships and receives blood products to and from consignment hospitals and outside sources.
- Manages product inventory. Assures proper storage and organization.
- Communicates with and provides assistance to hospital support, nursing and medical staff regarding status of products and service orders.
- Guides and mentors MT-I, MLTs and blood bank specialists. Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains and organizes supply inventory. Ensures appropriate inventory levels. Reports inventory levels to director.
- Receives supplies and reagents from vendors. Reconciles shipment with packing slip and documents as appropriate.
- Performs QC and maintenance, validation and calibration of laboratory equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to director.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.