Website SunCoast Blood Centers
Give Local Save Global
Education: High school or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 year medical, customer service or equivalent. Phlebotomy training program considered in lieu of phlebotomy experience, plus
6 months donor collections plus 6 months automated donor collections or other equivalent phlebotomy experience
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Registers and screens all categories of blood donors and patients. Collects whole blood and automated red cell products from donors and patients. Collects automated platelet products from donors.
- Greets and registers donors and patients.
- Assists with various donor recruitment activities.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples.
- Operates automated instruments to collect red cells, plasma, and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration, and validation of section equipment.
- Reports malfunction or deviation to crew chief.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to crew chief.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
- Other duties as required to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.