Website SunCoast Blood Centers
Give Local, Save Global
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional licensed Nurse that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Benefits include a generous PTO plan
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer paid)
- 401(k) with 100% company match, career ladder, education reimbursement and much more!
- Assists with the supervision of fixed site collection and support staff.
- Greets and registers donors and patients. Performs all other front desk duties. Coordinates with physician or office staff for collection of products from autologous, directed and therapeutic donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cell, plasma and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assesses patient’s suitability for therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Coordinates and performs therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review to assure record is accurate and complete.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to manager.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to manager.
- Meets established collection goals and standards.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Education: Appropriate nursing educational program related to licensure level
Licensure: Current Florida LPN with central line certification
Experience: 2 years patient care experience
□ Sedentary Work – Sitting for extended periods with occasional walking and/or standing. Occasionally exerting up to 20 lbs. of force to lift or move objects.
□ Light Work – Much of work done while sitting, but with more than normal standing or walking. Occasionally exerting between 20-60 lbs. of force to lift or move objects.
■ Medium Work – Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time with occasional sitting. Occasionally exerting between 20-60 lbs. of force to lift or move objects.
□ Heavy Work – Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time with occasional sitting. Frequently exerting between 20-60 lbs. of force to lift or move objects
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.