Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Live Here. Give Here. Save Here.
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Trainer for our Donor Service Phlebotomist that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere, and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Company Paid Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements
- Education and Professional Development Reimbursements
Job Duties Include:
Oversees and supervises donor services training programs for all donor services volunteer donor collection activities. Conducts training for donor services collections staff. Acts as a working supervisor as needed at both fixed site and bloodmobiles.
- Acts as a working supervisor of the donor services departments. Takes after-hours on-call as assigned.
- Trains new donor services staff on whole blood and automated collection procedures.
- Trains current donor services staff on new or revised procedures.
- Retrains current donor services staff as necessary for corrective purposes.
- Acts as a backup for the preparation of the fixed site and mobile staff work schedule as needed.
- Researches staff deferral rates, unsuccessful bleed rates and double collection rates for donor services staff. Reports findings to the senior donor services supervisor. Assists with corrective action as needed.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of donor services training plans.
- Assists with the development and administers the competency assessment program for the donor services department.
- Assures that all Read, and Sign documents are signed by all donor services staff. Submits to QA for inclusion in training files.
- Responsible for assuring that SOP revisions are inserted in all donor services SOP manuals in a timely manner.
- Participates in activities to further professional development.
Other duties as required to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent experience
Licensure: None; prefer medically related licensure or certificate
Experience: 2 years blood donor collections, plus 1 year automated collections, plus
1 year training or supervision
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.