Website SunCoast Blood Centers
Live Here, Give Here, Save Here
Saving Lives – A Career with a Purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for Director of Human Resources that wants to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere and we are looking for an exceptional Director of Human Resources for our home office that wants more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits include a generous PTO plan
- Medical, dental, & vision (employer paid)
- 401(k) with 100% company match, career ladder, education reimbursement and much more!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Directs and oversees all areas of human resource management and planning.
- Directs and oversee all aspects of human resource management and planning.
- Directs and oversees activities related to the recruitment, placement, background screening, and onboarding of SunCoast personnel. Assures that hiring and placement practices comply with applicable labor laws and regulations.
- Works with the leadership team to develop and evaluate recruiting resources and strategies in order to meet hiring needs for the organization.
- Interviews, and hires human resource department staff. Assures that selected personnel have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the requirements of the job.
- Manages, guides, and mentors human resources department staff.
- Develops and manages the organization’s compensation plan and structure. Assures program is consistently administered, in compliance with fair labor regulations and is competitively structured to attract and retain qualified personnel.
- Manages and oversees the organization’s time and attendance systems and payroll processes. Assures processes are compliant with existing labor standards and regulations.
- Assures that accurate job descriptions are developed for each SunCoast job position, including the process to evaluate salary grades and exempt/non-exempt status.
- Responsible for employee evaluation and appraisal processes. Provides consultation to department directors and managers, as necessary, in the appropriate completion of the process.
- Directs and manages employee benefit plans. Assures that the array of benefits meets the needs of the organization and are designed to attract and retain qualified personnel
- Meets with newly eligible employees during initial benefits enrollment. Conducts annual benefit plan open enrollment processes for all eligible employees. Assures that appropriate information is provided for the employee to take full advantage of benefit plan offerings.
- Develops and maintains personnel policies for the organization. Assures policies are compliant with labor laws and updated as necessary.
- Provides consultation for management teams on the interpretation and compliance with personnel policies. Assist with implementation of the corrective counseling processes.
- As appropriate participates in or provides consultation for employee investigations or terminations.
- Oversees the process for responding to requests for information from the reemployment assistance office. Responds to unemployment claims or appeals as necessary.
- Oversees and directs workers’ compensation processes. Files reports with insurance carrier regarding employee injuries or accidents. Maintains and coordinates all non-workers’ compensation employee accident, injury or illness reports and logs.
- Maintains employee personnel files for all active employees and for terminated employees based on the organization’s record retention policies.
- Participates in the employee functions and activities organizing team.
- Manages employee health and wellness programs.
- Prepares the annual personnel budget. Monitors, analyzes, and provides justification for variances as requested.
- Participates in activities to further professional development.
- Other duties as required to fulfill the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.