Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Give Local, Save Global
EDUCATION: Appropriate nursing program related to licensure level
EXPERIENCE: 1-year DS Nurse-1, plus 3 years patient care or other relevant medical experience.
LICENSURE REQUIRED: Current LPN with central line certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium Work – Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time with occasional sitting. Occasionally exerting between 20-60 lbs. of force to lift or move objects.
- Assists with the supervision of the clinical services staff.
- Assists with the selection, counseling, and performance evaluation of the clinical services staff.
- Prepares work schedule for hospital phlebotomists and on-call schedule for nursing staff.
- Manages automated time and attendance system for all clinical service staff.
- Acts as the site administrator for the cellular therapy program.
- Coordinates patient scheduling for all clinical service procedures, including courier pick-ups for shipment of cellular therapy products.
- Develops SOPs for clinical service procedures.
- Orders and maintains inventory of clinical services supplies.
- Assists with training and development of all clinical services staff.
- Analyzes and resolves donor suitability issues. Forwards unresolved issues to the supervisor.
- Assists with the supervision of donor services staff.
- Greets and registers donors and patients. Performs all other front desk duties. Coordinates with physician or office staff for collection of products from autologous, directed and therapeutic donors and patients.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples. Operates automated equipment to collect red cell, plasma and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assesses patient’s suitability for therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Coordinates and performs all levels of therapeutic apheresis procedures.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs donor record review to assure record is accurate and complete.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to the supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to the supervisor.
- Meets established collection goals and standards.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Other duties as assigned to fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.