Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Live Here. Give Here. Save Here.
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Apheresis Nurse that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere, and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Company Paid Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements
- Education and Professional Development Reimbursements
Job Duties Include:
- Be current with appropriate emergency certifications and company emergency policy and procedures.
- Exhibit a high understanding of Apheresis equipment and procedures, including Therapeutic or Research Apheresis Collections.
- Utilize skills, knowledge, nursing diagnosis, and clinical judgment to provide a high standard of care for patients/participants.
- Utilize nursing assessment skills to observe patients/participant general well-being and potential adverse events. Document adverse events and take appropriate action as needed.
- Obtain Informed Consent and continue ICF process by educating, explaining, and informing patients/participants.
- Collect and process biological samples according to the IRB protocols and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Record data obtained in a timely, error free manner according to the IRB protocols and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain an understanding of current regulatory requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Maintain skills set to perform all study tasks, as required.
- Contribute to CSR Department projects, as required.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and manage time appropriately,
- Assist the Donor Service Department, when applicable.
Education: Appropriate nursing educational program related to licensure level.
Licensure: Current Florida LPN with central line certification
Experience: 2 years patient care experience.
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.