Website Suncoast Blood Centers
Live Here. Give Here. Save Here.
Saving Lives – A career with a purpose!
SunCoast Blood Centers is currently looking for an Exceptional and Professional Apheresis Phlebotomist – level III that would like to have a job with a purpose. Our product is needed everywhere, and we are looking for exceptional professionals that want more from their career.
Suncoast Blood Centers is the only local blood center that has been in the community for over 75 years. Providing blood services to many local hospitals and cancer centers in SWFL.
- Generous PTO Plan
- Medical, dental, & vision
- Company Paid Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with 100% Company Match
- Health and Wellness Reimbursements
- Education and Professional Development Reimbursements
Job Duties Include:
- Greets and registers donors and patients. Assists with various donor recruitment activities.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples. Operates automated instruments to collect red cells, plasma, and platelet products.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration, and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to crew chief.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to crew chief.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment.
Education: High school or equivalent experience
Experience: 2 years medical, customer service or equivalent. Phlebotomy training program considered in lieu of phlebotomy experience, plus 2 years donor phlebotomy or 1 year donor collections plus 6 months automated donor collections.
SunCoast Blood Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.